Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Yesterday's movie:

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

The quote from yesterday is courtesy of Miss Veruca Salt's dad (anyone like the band named after everyone's favorite brat?), but who doesn't love a little Violet Beauregarde? Now if I had put "Violet, you're turning violet, Violet!" everyone would haven't gotten that quote. I had a roommate in college named Violet. She was nothing like our little blueberry above, but I'm sure she heard, and got tired of hearing, that line more than once. While I am a Johnny Depp fan, I did not care one iota for the remake of this classic (speaking of remakes of classics, have you seen this?). They only had one Oompa Loopma who was computer regenerated in order to give the appearance of a multitude of the little ones. The songs were also lacking. However, I heard the remake was more like what Roald Dahl wrote in his book. Haven't read that one yet. You?

Today's quote:
"Dancing's just a conversation between two people. Talk to me."

No comments: