Monday, March 29, 2010

Blogger seems to be having issues today. After 3 tries, I still can't post a picture. Regardless, Friday's movie was "The Wizard of Oz." Did you know that movie came out in 1939? I remember my dad telling me that when he watched that as a kid, the winged monkeys (why not monkies?) used to scare him and he'd hide behind the couch. Those are scary looking animals, but appropriate minions for The Wicked Witch of the West. And speaking of "Wicked".... have you had a chance to see that? If not, and you're even the slightest bit interested in "The Wizard of Oz," please go see it. It's amazing. There's a lot of urban legends in connection with "The Wizard of Oz" too, mostly having to do with the munchkins. One I've heard is that during a scene in the woods, you can see a munchkin hanging himself in the background. I've looked for it, and like with Wall-E and Toy Story, I can't see what people are talking about. Here's a question for you: If he doesn't have a brain, how come the Scarecrow outsmarts the apple trees and finds a solution to save the whole gang from the army of the Wicked Witch?

Today's quote:
"She's gone. She gave me a pen. I gave her my heart, she gave me a pen."

1 comment:

alifia said...

Say Anything!! oh how my heart pitter patters for John Cusack in this!! Another fave from that is "Dude! You must chill!!" when Jeremy Piven drunkenly flies through the air to tackle him and Eric Stoltz is standing there in a yellow chicken suit. Oh, why wasn't our high school that weird and cool?
(iknow i'm a day late, but i swear i didn't peak:))