Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Yesterday's movie:

The Little Mermaid

Whenever I hear the song "Part of Your World" I think of my mother-in-law. It's really the beginning of the song that reminds me of her because my mother-in-law is a collector of "stuff." Actually, she collects antiques, but the line, "Look at this stuff, isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think my collection's complete?" does make me think of her, in a loving sort of way, of course. Has anyone ever seen the stage performance of this? I've heard it's amazing. I had a roommate who thought of herself as Ariel because she had red hair, had an amazing voice and could swim. She was pretty much 3 for 3 in the Ariel contest. I almost cried the first time I saw this movie. It was the part where her dad grants her "legs" and she runs up to him and hugs him. I get goose-bumps right now just thinking about it. What a softy I am.

Can you name the movie:
"Hey now, all that rubbin' ain't gonna make them golden locks grow back no faster, now, you know that, right? "

1 comment:

Leilani said...

Hey, one I know that's not a cartoon....but it's still Disney. Remember the Titans!

"Left side, Strong side!"

PS...I saw the stage performance of Little Mermaid. I like how they made it look like under the sea and her "transformation" was cool, but I think they did a better job with The Lion King.